Thursday 20 February 2014

Videsi-Desi-Burrito :)

When in Rome..do as the Romans do! This phrase has been an apt for me now-a-days  :)
Coming to USA and very less on Indian resources, I have been trying some American rather Mexican dishes with my limited resources I have.
So..Today I present before you the recipe for Burritos.

Burrito is a Mexican recipe consisting of blend of healthy beans, rice and vegetables.
Vegetables for me as I am a vegetarian .. you get many non-vegetarian version of Burrito.



Tortillas - I used Wheat tortillas
Sour Cream/Curd
Brown Rice
Beans- I used black beans
Onions
Tomatoes
Garlic paste
Ginger Paste
Cilantro
Tomato Ketchup

1. Boil brown rice until mushy
2. Saute onions,ginger paste, garlic paste and tomatoes.
3. Add salt, a bit of sugar, chilly powder and tomato ketchup.
4. Add black beans and boil till 2 whistles.
5. Once the cooker cools down, add the rice into the gravy.
6. Add cilantro
7. Chop the vegetables (onion,mushroom,capsicum,cabbage) and place aside.
8. Roast the Tortillas.
9. On the roasted tortilla, apply butter, then place a spoon of mixture of rice and beans,cut vegetables.
10. Put a spoonful of sour cream.
11. Garnish with shredded cheese.
12. Fold the tortilla in form of a burrito.
13.Place the burrito in the oven for 10 mins on 350 degrees.
14. Your burrito is ready to eat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment