Friday 28 February 2014

Back to the roots with Surnali :)

After posts on the western foods..I come back to my Indian roots but with a twist :)
Here,I post the recipe of healthier version of Surnali made with brown rice.
We, South Indians can guarantee that we will not die hungry, we are blessed with treasure of various mouthwatering dishes. We can make Dosa out of everything which would turn out yummy. One such type of Dosa is Surnali.
Surnali can be made both sweet and non-sweet version. Considering my husbands sweet tooth,I recently made the sweet version of surnali but with a twist. I made surnali with brown rice instead of the usual white rice.

Brown Rice - 2 Cups
Cucumber - 1 grated
Jaggery - 1/4 cup grated
Poha (Flattened Rice) - a handful
Salt - As per taste.




1. Soak rice for 2 hours.
2. Grind the rice along with poha,cucumber and jaggery.
3. Add salt.
4. Let the batter rest and ferment for atleast 7-8 hours.
5. Once the batter is fermented, you can make soft, yummy sweet dosa
called surnali :)

No comments:

Post a Comment