Wednesday 26 February 2014

Boring Green made Yummy yet Healthy! - Spinach and Mushroom Pasta

My husband has been telling me to post my recipes on Konkani Amchi Food(KAF) for a while now.
The blog consists of a theme every week and the members posts their recipes according to the theme.
The theme of the week was "Go Green". We all know that how good are greens for healthy but also find eating those boring. Even I am in one of those categories, I had spinach in my fridge for some days now, but did not want to make regular spinach dishes with it.  Looking over the other compartment of the fridge, I found I also had some mushrooms, I knew I had some Rotini Pasta (Made from Semolina) at home. So my mind went on to try to combine the three to make Spinach and Mushroom Pasta

Pasta - 1 cup
Spinach - 10-12 leaves chopped
Mushrooms -5-6 diced
Onion - 1 small- diced
Capsicum - 1/2 -diced
Garlic -4-5 cloves chopped
Pepper - crushed
Salt - as per taste
Oil - 2 tablespoons
Milk - 1/4 cup
Water - 1/2 cup
White Flour (Maida) - 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
Cheese - As per taste

1. Boil the pasta as per the instructions on the pasta pack.
 Usually raw pasta is added in boiling water and is boiled till they become soft. They are next drained and passed through the cold running water for 1-2 mins. 1 teaspoon of oil is added in the pasta so that they do not stick to each other.
2. In a saute pan, add oil.
3. Oil the oil is heated, add diced onions and chopped garlic.
4. Saute until the onion become translucent.
5. Now add capsicum and saute for a few minutes. It is fine if the capsicum is bit raw, it will give a crunchy taste to the dish.
6. At this stage add chopped spinach and mushrooms.
7. Add salt and half of the crushed pepper to the vegetables and saute. Remember Spinach are salty by nature so be careful while adding salt.
8. Spinach and mushrooms will start leaving water, now add the boiled pasta to the mixture
9. Make a batter of flour with 1/4 of the water and add to the pasta.
10. Now slowly add milk and water to the pasta and keep on stirring.
11. Take care not to have lumps of the flour in the pasta .
12. Add the remaining crushed pepper and keep on stirring until the gravy thickens.
13. Garnish with shredded cheese and your Healthy yet Yummy pasta is ready to be served :)






Though I was late for posting this in KAF, they changed the theme on the day I made this :), I was happy to reward myself with some changed form of healthy green :)




No comments:

Post a Comment