Monday 17 February 2014

Cold in Cold...Coleslaw!

Today I was not in mood of preparing anything for dinner but yet wanted to eat something HEALTHY.
Yes stressing on word healthy as I did not want to order anything for the dinner. Was just going through the social networking site..when I eyes caught something called "Coleslaw".
I had heard about this many times..but never knew what it was. Coleslaw is shredded cabbage with mayonnaise or buttermilk base. I got my plan for dinner "Coleslaw Salad". These are Cold Salads. Thought of trying my hands on these coldies today :)
You will find many recipe of Coleslaw Salad online but this is my version..especially with the stuffs I  had handy at my house.



You can try these with the veggies you love to eat, I had these at home

Cabbage - Shredded
Carrot - Cut into fine pieces
Onion - Cut into fine pieces
Cucumber - Cut into fine pieces
Capsicum - Cut into fine pieces
Apple - Cut into fine pieces
Coriander - Cut into fine pieces
Chilies - Cut into fine pieces
Pasta - Boiled with some salt

For Base :
Sour Cream
Curd
Peanut Butter
Salt
Pepper

Beat together Sour Cream,Curd, Peanut Butter together in such a way that they mixed very well..Peanut butter should get mixed well so as to form a creamy texture.Now add salt, pepper, chopped green chilly and coriander and mix well so that the flavor gets mixed in the curd-sour cream-peanut butter paste.
Now add the chopped vegetables or fruits of your choice and let it sit for an hour. Place this salad in the refrigerator to cool it and here is your Cold Coleslaw Salad ready to eat.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment